- Château de Fontainebleau
- The forest of Fontainebleau (hiking, bicycling, rock climbing)
- Museum of art and military history
- National museum of prisons
- Center of modern archives
More information can be found at the site of Fontainebleau tourist office.
- Barbizon (impressionist painters village)
- Moret-sur-Loing (charming town with a lot of history, also a magnificent source of inspiration for impressionist painters)
- Vaux-le-Vicomte (hosting the prototype of Versailles castle)
There are many tourist attractions in Paris. Please consult the Paris tourist office for more information.
Disneyland Paris is at 50km from Fontainebleau. For more information please consult its site.
Loire valley is at less than 100km from Fontainebleau. More than two hundred castles can be visited. The most known are Chambord, Cheverny, Chaumont, Talcy, Chenonceau, Villandry, Amboise, Blois, Valençay. The best way to visit them is to hire a car.
Normandy coast is at 200km from Fontainebleau.