Aim and scope
The International Conference on Unconventional Computation and Natural Computation (UCNC) is a meeting where scientists from many different backgrounds are united in their interest in novel forms of computation, human-designed computation inspired by nature, and computational aspects of natural processes. UCNC provides a forum for such scientists to meet and discuss their work. The 17th UCNC will be hosted by the University of Paris Est Creteil Val de Marne and it will take place at IUT de Fontainebleau, located in the city of Fontainebleau, former residence of French kings situated near Paris.
The conference will be accompanied by 4 satellite workshops. Also, it will be collocated with the conference MCU 2018.
Topics of Interest
Papers and poster presentations were sought in all areas that relate to unconventional computation and natural computation. Both theoretical and experimental papers are welcome. Typical, but not exclusive, topics are:
- Molecular (DNA) computing, quantum computing, optical computing, chaos computing, physarum computing, computation in hyperbolic spaces, collision-based computing;
- Cellular automata, neural computation, evolutionary computation, swarm intelligence, nature-inspired algorithms, artificial immune systems, artificial life, membrane computing, amorphous computing;
- Computational systems biology, genetic networks, protein-protein networks, transport networks, synthetic biology, cellular (in vivo) computing.
Here is the list of accepted papers.
The programs of UCNC2018 and of satellite workshops are available.
The LNCS proceedings are published in vol 10867.
The best student paper award is given to the paper
Tomas Vantuch, Ivan Zelinka, Andrew Adamatzky and Norbert Marwan. Phase transitions in swarm optimization algorithms
The best paper award is given to the paper
Abdulmelik Mohammed, Pekka Orponen and Sachith Pai. Algorithmic Design of Cotranscriptionally Folding 2D RNA Origami Structures
- Paper submission:
January 29, 2018, 23:59, AoEFebruary 9, 2018, 23:59, AoE
- Paper notification: March 20, 2018
- Camera-ready version: April 9, 2018
- Conference: June 25-29, 2018